This week I was completing the remaining work for the project felvin. There are some remaining with the project which I resolved by research and help of project maintainers.
Install Packages Issue
I resolved this issue with the help of the project maintainers. Actually learned that mixing npm and yarn is not always a good idea. I installed the packages inside the app itself using yarn and they got installed without issues. Installing them in the root still gave me the same errors however since the other way worked and there was no need to install the packages in the root in the first place, I didn’t stay on that issue
Implementing data to the chart
I successfully implemented the data received from Messari’s API into the app and extracted the data I wanted. I installed chart.js and react-chartjs-2 and implemented the data inside them.
I faced some issues here such as for some reason the size of chart would be so small that it didn’t show most of the data. Another issue that I faced were the labels which for some reason were not receiving the labels from the API’s timestamp.
The solution for this issue was both silly and interesting as I found out. For some reason, the package owner had insisted that the labels should be received from an array named “labels” and nothing else! I have to admit I did not see that coming.
The final result of the crypto app looks like the picture below
This project was definitely challenging. There were some stuff that I still haven’t figured out. Like I wanted to create a way to show the amount of rise and dip in the app but didn’t know what was that based on and couldn’t find out in my research. (Goes to my poor knowledge of the world of cryptocurrency)
I intend to keep working on this project and improving it little by little because I really enjoyed working on this.